Tulsi or Holy Basil is not only one of the best herbs but also most revered herbs in Indian society. It is also one of the most consumed herbs in Indian society. We all are aware of the vitamins and minerals Tusli provides which include chlorophyll, vitamin A, Zinc, iron, vitamin C, and calcium. Science evident its various properties. But we will focus on only how to boost Immunity With Tulsi Or Holy Basil. And along with that we will be briefing on other properties and varieties of Holy Basil.
Properties: Boost Immunity With Tulsi:
- Rich antioxidant properties in the herbs help to fight against free radical releases mainly. And reduce the impact of damaged cells and help them to recover.
- Pain reducing proprieties help us to get relive from the severe pain due to many reasons.
- Antipathetic property is very effective in fever reducing.
- With the Hepatoprotective property Tusli protects the liver.
- It also protects blood vessel.
- Tulsi is great in dealing with stress too.
- Immunity booster of all time.
Types Of Tulsi: Find Ways To Boost Immunity With Tulsi
Tulsi is revered in India as goddess of health, wealth, and prosperity. In India, there are mainly four species of Holy Basil.
- Vana tulsi (ocimum gratissum)
- Krishna tulsi (ocimum tenuiflorum)
- Amrita tulsi (ocimum tenuiflorum)
- Rama tulsi (ocimum sanctum)
All these Tulsi consist of many benefits on health. Further in the article we will explain how these different types of Holy Basil looks like. And also tell you how to boost Immunity With Tulsi Or Holy Basil.
Vana tulsi (ocimum gratissum):
Vana tulsi can be used as an ideal wellness drink that is quite helpful to quit the coffee drinking habits. It is warming and has antiseptic qualities that help us to clear bacterial infections and boosts the immunity. It has strong antioxidant property that slows down the ageing process. It is also very helpful in treating and preventing cancer, diabetes, heart diseases, dementia, and arthritis.
- Make tea with these leaves: A tea made with the leaves of Vana Tusli not only taste good but also provide the stimulation to the mind, spirit, and body gently. In this way, you can enhance the mental and physical endurance both at the same time. You can also increase assimilation of nutrients and oxygen in your bloodstream with this way.
- Use Seeds and Oil: You can dried the seeds or make the oil out of it. So that you can use them later days in tea. Or your can pour drop in warm water to drink it and many more.
- Foods: Many traditions use this Tulsi in their foods. Thai is one of them. This Tulsi is used in salads, fries, desserts, pizzas, and many others in many other cultures.
- Use as Repellent: From the centuries, dried leaves of this Tulsi is mixed with the grains. This is the conventional way to keep insects away from the grains.
Krishna tulsi (ocimum tenuiflorum):
It is known as The Queen of the Herbs. Krishna tulsi has been used over the years to aid stress and natural detoxification. Shyama Tulsi is used in many occasions. These include:
- maintaining the temperature of the body.
- treating common cold and other influenza
- boosting immunity
- fights against infections
- Strengthens nervous system
- Ailment of paralysis and Parkinson
- cleaning up the respiratory tracts.
- heals kidney stones.
- Eyes related issues
- Insect bites or sting.
- Oral cavity and other infections
- alleviating mouth ulcer.
Amrita tulsi (ocimum tenuiflorum)
Amrita Tulsi is a good source of vitamin C, Vitamin A, Zinc, Calcium, Chlorophyll, Iron, and many others. Along with that it consists of anti bacterial, insecticidal properties that play an important role in purifying the contaminated water. It is good for protecting your stomach by:
- increasing mucus cells and secretion
- extends mucus cell life
- lowers the stomach acid
Along with that it helps to work in healing wound , acne, keloids, raising scars, and mouth ulcers. Other benefits are:
- prevent symptoms of diabetes like
- high cholesterol
- insulin resistance
- weight gain
Rama tulsi (ocimum sanctum)
All the sources of stress whether it is caused by physical, chemical, emotional, and infectious reasons are soothe by using Tulsi by itself. It contains many properties which include anti-inflammatory, analgesic, antiviral, antibacterial, and anti-fungal to help you enjoying overall well-being.
- enhances endurance
- increased metabolism
- Detox your body
- Stimulates and vitalize body
- limits the growth of cancer cells
- Less tissue and muscle damages
- lowers the stress levels in loud environment and noise.
- helps in sexual problems
- improves breathing by cleaning respiratory tracts.
Side Effects Of Tulsi:
It is quite shocking to know that Herbs like Tulsi can have its own side effects. But it is true. There are mainly five side effects found in researches but more researches are yet to be done.
Estragol is found in this herbs that may cause your uterus contractions. It is dangerous. The leaves of Tulsi has adverse affect on the health of pregnant woman as well as her embryo. Many cases have shown the chances of miscarriage. Tulsi is also not good for menstrual cycle of woman. This can cause diarrhea in her.
Tulsi can lower the blood sugar levels so if you are already taking the diabetes medicines, you should avoid Tusli leaves.
The herb has adverse impact of female as well as male fertility. Tulsi may lower your sperm count rate. Along with that herb can lower the weight of reproductive organs like adrenal glands, ovary, prostate, testes, uterus, and others.
Blood Thinning Medicine:
If you are taking the medicine to thin your blood, don’t take Tulsi. The herb has blood thinning properties in it. If you do, it will have adverse impact on you.
Are you healthy? If yes, then you should start immediately with this herb to stay healthier. This herb is directly from the lap of mother nature to bless you many health benefits. So that you can live pure life without caring diseases on your health and your lifestyle. Eat the leaves, pour them in hot water, or consume them in any other way. Choose your way to consume this herb to boost immune system. And let your immune system thank you later.
Types of Tulsi is taken from: mashrita nature cloud