Hey buddy! How often do you spot tightness or a tense band in the buttock or hamstring? Do you ever notice shoulders rounded forward and stiffness across the back of the shoulders? Adhesion in fascia or restricted mobility can result in irksome tight spots. There is a way out of this feeling – The body Rolling technique. This improves flexibility easily being inexpensive and working in conjunction with stretching to improve myofascial mobility. It is such a powerful self-treatment toll working with a firm 5” diameter ball. The rolling is the same as using foam rollers – gym favorites. Where other modalities will not work, it will work as having appropriate size and comprehensibility.
What is Body Rolling?
Body Rolling is a revolutionary method. Bodywork practitioners and their clients learn via this technique how to sense the inner logic of the muscular system.
Injury prevention and recovery are closely bonded to the massage. Runners appreciate the efficacy of massage more but few only have time and resources to visit a professional massage therapist. The Yamuna Zake brings to you an affordable way to be treated to a daily massage.
Yamuna Body Rolling technique
Yamuna Body Rolling – therapeutic stretching technique or is a kind of workout. Let’s learn a little background of Yamuna body rolling to understand the healing mechanism.
Zake – the founder of the body rolling technique, modeled a deep tissue therapy. She termed it Body Logic. She replicated manual pressure in her Body Logic therapy by using a dense plastic to develop Yamuna Body Rolling Ball. The dense plastic she used for this purpose is firm enough to become a self-massage tool.
How it works: The technique involves a progressive routine to roll the body over the ball. It rolls from muscle origin to insertion. The rolling procedure permits the body to use its logic – so-called Yamuna Body Logic – to lengthen, separate, and heal.
We often fatigue the lower limb more than the upper limb and thus this technique will aid much for releasing lower extremities tension.
Runners common injuries
Commonly runners meet 2 injuries – ankles and knees. Right in the ankles, there are intra-articular spaces (spaces that avoid bone rubbing). Runners or individuals doing high-impact exercises often lose the natural shock absorption of these spaces. If this intra-articular space will decrease, ultimately the knee is forced to absorb a more weighted impact. ROM in the ankle decreases if this extra stress persists over time. It is because the knee becomes weak and injured. Space decreases when the lubrication of the joint shrinks. Creating space between the joints and separating muscles and bones is the only way to counteract the injury-producing pressure and stress.
Over a small dense, inflated ball – rolling the spine, legs, muscles, and joints – redoes the pressure of a deep tissue massage. Thus elongate and relax the muscles by therapeutic effects.
- Starts by sitting on the ball
- Proceed to move slowly through the hamstrings, calves, quadriceps, adductors (inside thigh), and iliotibial tract (outside thigh).
- The initial 4 are the most basic. It includes working from the hip joint down through the ankle, from the center, medial (inside), and lateral (outside) parts of each muscle.
- You can either release knots and tightness – breathing into the muscle and breathing out the tension when you encounter painful or tender spots.
Body Rolling is a better alternative to Warm-Ups and Cool-Downs
Yes! It is unbelievable but if you experience body rolling, you will acknowledge the fact too. Runners or anybody else undergoing hectic exercises can use body rolling techniques before and after. Well, it is not like you just do body rolling, to get more benefits out of it – try adding it to warm-up and cool-down. Using such techniques prevent injuries as well.
Cure micro-muscle tears – the real cause of injuries – with Body Rolling Technique
Prevent injuries and maintain strength – Muscles of the belly don’t in-cultivate injuries generally – but the muscle power pulls on the tapered juncture – the point where the tendon attaches to the bone.
First, contact the Bones and get access to muscles and tendon
A false consideration that bone is a dead thing because it is hard enough. Factually, bone is alive and gives birth to platelets and RBCs – also where muscle start and ends. Body Rolling grants direct access to muscles and tendons after contacting the bone. Bones are treated by chiropractors and muscles by modalities. But Body Rolling nicely incorporate them both.
Release your hamstrings using Body Rolling
Runners should follow this ideal Body Rolling routine – Hamstring release. First, do it for the right leg and then for the left leg.
- Firstly, sit on the ball top. Let all the body weight sink into the right sit bone. To maintain balance and for support, place the hands or fingers on the floor. Take your left bent leg as support and meanwhile extend the right leg straight out in front of you.
- Gently move the body once forward and once backward. It will make the ball roll behind and then in front of the sit bone. To make moving easy, use the fingers and left foot.
- Next, shift the body weight from side to side. It will let the ball roll from one side of the right sit bone to the other.
- Around the right sit bone – roll in a circular motion – once clockwise and then counterclockwise.
- While pulling the body backward, to a couple of inches down the middle of the right thigh – roll the ball. Again use fingers and left foot to aid moving. Now take a deep breath – just inhale first. On the exhale, completely sink the back of the leg into the ball. It will release the tension in the hamstring.
- Proceed to roll down the right leg toward the knee in 2-inch increments while sinking into the ball at each point. Thus wait for the muscle to release a bit more at each point.
- Repeat the same Body Rolling Procedure on the left leg.
Benefits of Body Rolling
- Release bonds in the connective tissue sheath
- Aid in muscle lengthening
- Muscle flexibility and tone
- Improve ROM
- Shock absorption in the joints
- Increased circulation
- Assist in correction of faulty posture
People living an active lifestyle approach physiotherapists with baffling pain in a muscle, tendon, or joint. The physiotherapist will look at the posture, movement, and will perform selective tissue tension testing to diagnose the real problem. Many tools are employed like manual therapy, exercise and soft tissue releases to improve the ROM. Seek this treatment and set ease in your life.
There are many misconceptions about massage and physiotherapy. To Know more about it read the article.